Blacklist International is entering the League of Legends: Wild Rift Esport Scene

Blacklist International announces that they will soon be expanding in League of Legends: Wild Rift. This was revealed through a vlog of Tryke Gutierrez, the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Blacklist International. Though they have yet to scout the potential pro players for their Wild Rift team, Gutierrez revealed that they will be announcing it sometime this year. Blacklist International is the second major esports organization that has announced its expansion in the Wild Rift esports scene.

blacklist wr.png

In a recent vlog featuring Blacklist International doing a photoshoot as well as their trophies that they have accumulated throughout their career as an esports organization, Gutierrez has also dropped major news for the Wild Rift community.

According to him and his co-owner Alodia Gosiengfiao, Blacklist International is currently preparing to create their own Wild Rift team, which is actually Gosiengfiao’s dream.

“Blacklist Wild Rift team, oh my god,” said Alodia. “It’s been my dream for a long time.”

Gutierrez also said that Gosiengfiao has been nagging him to build a Blacklist International Wild Rift team.

“For me, if my dream is DOTA (team), she has been nagging me about a Blacklist Wild Rift team,” he said. “This year, it’s happening.”

He has also added that they will be partnering with another organization for the creation of their Wild Rift team. He didn’t make any further statement about that “another organization” since it's still not the right time to reveal more details.

“This is something the community has been waiting for. Let’s see what happens and who will be our team. We don't have a team just yet, for the record, what we’re saying is we’re going to have a team this year,” he said.

Although Gutierrez didn’t reveal any information about their Wild Rift team as they still haven’t scouted any, Wild Rift caster and courtside reporter Yuuko Ishikawa revealed that the Blacklist International Wild Rift team may not be from the Philippines.

Fans speculate that the team may be from Vietnam. However, Blacklist International is yet to confirm it. For now, let’s just wait for the announcement of the team. Stay tuned!