Blacklist International’s Edward discloses how much a Pro Mobile Legends Player earns here in the Philippines

With the success they have received in playing esports, there are several pro players who have shared to the public that they are now building houses or setting up businesses as a reward for their hard work and sacrifices.

edward.jpg

One example is Edward Jay Dapadap or widely known as Edward of Blacklist International. He shared through his Facebook that he is now starting to build his dream house back in his province.

This shows that being a pro player here in the Philippines is a sustainable career. Edward also shared how his dream came true at an appearance he made in News5’s Frontline sa Umaga. Through the interview, he hinted how much an MLBB player can earn.

edward.png

“Since nag-champion kami, mas maraming pumasok na sponsor, tumaas yung allowance namin. Siguro kapag pinagsamahan yung allowance, stream, YouTube, tsaka mga brand deals, siguro aabot siya hanggang six digits,” said the MPL-PH Season 7 finals MVP.

edward's house.jpg

edward's house1.jpg

While it was revealed that the six-digits salary mostly came from numerous sponsorship and brand deals, it was disclosed by Frontline sa Umaga host Gretchen Ho that a pro esports player typically earns much lower than that.

“Ang isang professional player kumikita mula P15,000 hanggang P30,000 kada buwan kahit nag-uumpisa pa lamang. Tataas pa yan depende sa experience ng atleta,” she said.

As this was the case, former RSG PH country manager Richardson Jacinto told Spin.ph about the importance of building a personal brand.

“One thing I always say to my former players is that they have to grow their personal brand. Stream, create contents and get their name out there. They need to capitalize on their position in the community,” he said.

“In the bigger picture, the big superstars of esports get the bulk of their money through sponsorships and endorsements. I personally know players here in PH who earn millions not because of their salaries but from their personal brand sponsorships,” he added.

Secretlab 7.7 Mid-Year Mega Sale