Bren Esports to be representatives in the VCT Masters Berlin after their win against Alter Ego

Bren Esports will be representing the Philippines in Berlin! Bren Esports with an almost undefeated match history in the VCT SEA Regionals, only losing two matches against Paper Rex in the upper bracket finals, will be representing the Philippines in the VCT Masters Berlin.

1629807833154.png

They secured their slot in the Berlin event with a 2-0 win against the Indonesian team, Alter Ego. Bren Esports will be accompanied by Paper Rex in representing the Southeast Asian region in VCT Masters Berlin starting from September 9 to September 19.

“I’m just speechless but we made it, even [with] the tough loss yesterday against Paper Rex. I’m just happy we got the win today,” said DubsteP in the post-match interview.

E9X73IhVkAcR9Sc.png

“We were kinda glad we lost the map one-sided, so there won’t be a feeling like we could have won that. It’s easier to move on when you lose a map like that, unlike when you lose a map 13-11 overtime… I want to thank our psychiatrist for talking to us last night before we [went] on our match today… What we did was trust ourselves, trust what we practiced, and trust whatever we prepared for,” said resident Jett main on how they coped up with their loss against Paper Rex.

Though the festivities for the Philippine representative was short-lived since they still had a rematch scheduled against Paper Rex for the grand finals. “We just have to do what we gotta do,” DubsteP remarks on the rematch. “Just play the game and have fun. The better team wins and we both go to Berlin, right?”