A new Destiny update is set to release mid February which will be focused on the Crucible balancing. The new update doesn't have any patch notes yet released but Bungie's senior designer Josh Hamrick did share some information about the update. Update 184.108.40.206 is slated to arrive in mid-February, so it shouldn't be long before we hear more. That release date could always shift, but that's what the current schedule points to.
A total of five goals are listed, such as providing alternatives and counters for shotguns and making adjustments to Special weapon ammo. The full list follows below.
- Promote alternatives and counters to shotguns
- Align potency of Primary weapons with surgical changes
- File down a couple of issues from each class
- Fix some issues with a sampler platter of Exotics
- Supporting adjustments to Special ammunition
source via Bungie.net