Dogie breaks silence and exposes the internal conflicts that’s been happening in Nexplay EVOS

Breaking his silence, Nexplay EVOS’ Setsuna "DOGIE" Ignacio has responded to criticisms about him and the esports organization for the declining growth of its players. Finishing in 7th place on the regular season leaderboard at the previous MPL PH Season 10, which is also one of the upsetting runs of the team, Dogie received heavy backlashes from the fans.

dogie.jpg

Due to this, the popular MLBB celebrity went to Facebook and explained his side through a lengthy post explaining what was happening in the bootcamp behind the cameras, what happened during the league event, and that he never forced the players to stay in the organization just because they “owe” him something for their career.

“I never said to them that they owe me a lot because it’s their lives and they need to think for themselves before anybody else!!” explained Dogie. “Me, meddling [with their decisions?] Since after Season 7, I wanted them to transfer and explore. Only Yawi talked to me and I even called [Coach] Duckeyyy if they would want Yawi in because he wanted to join there,” said the Nexplay EVOS talent. “But Yawi stayed until Season 8. After that, I made him choose because I was in talks with ONIC and ECHO and ECHO acquired him.”

Dogie also addressed the coaching tactics that was showcased during MPL PH Season 10, which was also one of the criticisms of the fans.

“S10 came and so did our new coach, then he decided to use a performance base [in selecting lineups]. Four teams were in the tryout and three Pos 4 players were chosen to be in one lineup,” said Dogie. “Me and Dale [Lopez] said that it would be a problem if ever 10 players would play but the 2nd team didn’t get to practice because it lacked a gold laner. I said to the coach back then not to sign me in the lineup, but instead, put Kzen so they can practice. RENEJAY, Dale, and Sir Alan were there. But the coach’s decision went through with the three Pos4 teams.”

In the post, Dogie kind of emphasized that the new coach ignored most of his suggestions. Though left unnamed, it's pretty clear that he is referring to the newly signed Nexplay EVOS coach, Paolo "Pao" Villanueva.

One of his ignored suggestions led to the team acquiring Karl "Micophobia" Quitlong.

“I said we should acquire Minana’s [Esports] tank because at least he has statistics compared to Mico who didn’t play during Season 9,” stated Dogie.

nexplay evos.png

He also explained why he played during the regular season and how the coach ignored his advice once again during the drafting phase of the match against Balcklist International.

“The rotation week of MPL Season 10 came and normally I wasn’t meant to play against Blacklist. However, Mico was not in the Bootcamp during that time against Blacklist,” explained Dogie. “So we practice on the day. We only scrimmed with ONIC Indonesia.”

“Coach said Elpizo will play in the 2nd game, to which I agreed. We lost Game 1 against Blacklist because my draft was ignored. My ban request, which was Akai, Lolita, and Diggie, and we were the first pick, and Valentina,” Dogie said.

“But he changed the draft, we are to ban Lolita, Diggie, and Mathilda. First pick Akai then Blacklist would choose between Faramis and Valentina. I said to the coach they would pick the two because we used to scrim with Blacklist during the SEA [Southeast Asia] Games and Wise went for a funnel Valentina,” he further elaborated.

“Second game, which idiot would pick Paquito tank in that game? They asked me if I could pick Paquito tank despite the fact that I'm supposed to be a Pos 5 Saber and they wanted Kzen to pick Saber instead so I said ‘alright, we’re already here and it’s the coach’s decision’,” said Dogie.

Dogie also addressed the lackluster performance of H2wo in the previous MPL PH Season 10, which received backlash from fans. Dogie stated that during scrims, instead of exploring other heroes, H2wo was forced to use his comfort picks.

“Going into Season 10… I played with H2wo during scrims and he never played Fanny and almost always used Ling or Hayabusa or Helcurt. He had 100 games played as Ling during Scrims,” said Dogie. “I told the coach to have H2wo play other heroes because Ling would be an insta-ban but apparently we needed to win in scrims so he picked Ling.”

But during MPL matches, instead of picking his comfort hero Ling, he picked Fanny, which Dogie alleged to be suggested by the new coach.

“I went to the Bootcamp and talked to H2wo as to why he is using Fanny if he wasn’t using it during scrims. Why didn’t he use tank heroes like Brats and Akai? H2wo said it was because of the coach’s drafts,” said Dogie.

Dogie then went to the coach and confronted him asking why H2wo was forced to use Fanny instead of other heroes.

“He said to me, ‘H2wo can’t use [other heroes],’ then I said to coach, ‘you would make H2wo use Fanny, one of the hardest heroes to use, but you won’t have him use easier heroes?’,” Dogie said.

Dogie ended his post clarifying that he never meddled with the lineup and let the coach take control of it. He said that he only criticized based on in-game performance.

With this turn of events, it will be interesting to witness how the team redeems themselves in the next league event, what changes will happen in the team and the organization itself.