Dogie reveals Nexplay EVOS issue behind the scene "Silent Treatment"

Nexplay EVOS sadly makes an early exit in the MPL PH Season 9 playoffs after losing against ONIC PH on the first day of the playoffs. The team finished 5th-6th place. Through a vlog he posted, Nexplay EVOS’ Dogie explained why the team had a fallout this season.

dogie.png

Nexplay EVOS had an amazing regular season run this MPL PH Season 9 and despite them receiving a penalty for arriving late in one of their matches, the team still secured their spots in the playoffs before the regular season concluded.

Sadly, the team’s playoff journey was short-lived. After losing to ONIC PH and finishing in 5th-6th place, fans complained about how Dogie didn’t maximize H2wo’s capabilities. While Dogie admits his partly at fault, he has revealed that there are more issues troubling the team behind the scene.

“So a lot of people say ‘Dogs[Dogie] did not allow H2wo to play, he’s the reason [the team lost]’ yes it’s my fault, I can’t deny that I said that to H2[wo],” stated Dogie.

According to him, the reason why the team had an early exit is because the players don’t talk about their concerns, especially H2wo who was often excluded during scrim matches in favor of the team’s rookie Michael "MP the King" Endino.

“My reason? He [H2wo] needs to learn a lesson. He should scrim, if you weren’t allowed to scrim, talk to them, the head coach[John "Zico" Michael Dizon]. Ask them what’s the problem,” said Dogie.

Dogie further added that this “Silent Treatment” issue displeases him as he is someone who prefers to voice out his concerns all the time.

“I will tell you your mistakes, and you should tell me my mistakes too,” stated Dogie. “But the problem with the whole team is- coach, player, silent treatment.”

Dogie also stated that most of the players are afraid or too shy to complain to the coaches. Due to this, it gave them a hard time in figuring out what needs to be done to improve the team’s performance.

“Why would you be shy? If you want to win, you shouldn’t be shy,” the Nexplay EVOS coach said.

Also, Dogie apologized to H2wo for doubting him since he rarely joins scrim sessions and has only been grinding in Ranked Games.

“Bro, I’m really sorry. You already know what I said to you,” stated Dogie.”I rarely see you and I want you to learn… if you want something don’t stay quiet. You get it, grab it, talk to them, voice it out.”