Dunoo, the other half of the duo behind Lakad Matatag of Dota 2, has passed away

Filipino caster Aldrin Paulo “Dunoo” Pangan, the other half of the casting duo behind these iconic lines “Lakad Matatag” and “Normalin Normalin”, has passed away after contracting the coronavirus.

dunoo.png

In a post he made on his Facebook on August 9, Dunoo revealed that he was positive with coronavirus and had started his quarantine on that same day. After that, he continued on posting updates regarding his condition. His last update was posted on August 17.

On August 27, Dunoo’s co-workers, especially his longtime casting partner Marlon “Lon” Marcelo, and other members in the esports community here in the Philippines, confirmed his passing.

Members in the Dota 2 PH community, have made their public statements expressing their anguish over the death of Dunoo.

"An icon in Filipino casting. Dunoo's voice and call outs will always ring true to Dota fans everywhere, and his passing is a great loss for everyone. Boss Dunoo was one of the first casters I ever worked with on location - it was awe-inspiring to be seated next to a legend like him, and I will always remember the friendliness and help he handed off to me back then. I'll miss you Boss D," said by John “johnxfire” Hernandez, his fellow Filipino caster.

"A genuinely kind, amazing friend over the years. Dunoo welcomed me to Manila every time I visited like a brother. Just sadness," said David “Godz” Parker, Beyond the Summit founder and renown Dota 2 caster.

Our deepest condolences to the bereaved family and friends of Sir Aldrin Paulo “Dunoo” Pangan. - PinoyGamer