Garena Philippines is Shutting Down

Libiran

Casual Gamer
Nov 13, 2018
Visit site
Even garena's API arent working lol

It is regretful to inform you that OP.GG’s League of Legends stats service for Garena regions will be shut down as of June 23rd due to termination of the Riot API Beta Service. Thank you for your understanding.

~ OP.GG

EVETHOT

Newbie Gamer
Mar 9, 2020
Visit site
Ma wawala ba ang ating data sa LOL kapag naki pag merge sa SG server? Tangina dami ko na gastos dito sa larong toh

Jerald141714

Newbie Gamer
Apr 2, 2020
Visit site
Full Name
Unknown
From DaGeeks, Confirmed: Garena Lays off Majority of It’s PH Employees

Currently, I was informed that the only remaining Garena PH team left is the finance team so this puts to question the operations side of their games. It may be that the SG team is currently handling the load left by the closure and there has been no word yet on the future of the company here in the Philippines or of their games.

I’ll update this post as I try to find out more.

True?

Czaf Peralta

Casual Gamer
Apr 1, 2020
Visit site
Full Name
Team pogi

Currently, I was informed that the only remaining Garena PH team left is the finance team so this puts to question the operations side of their games. It may be that the SG team is currently handling the load left by the closure and there has been no word yet on the future of the company here in the Philippines or of their games.

Ohh hell noooooo. This ain't happening

Reactions: Jhay reyes

dreeiiiiz

Newbie Gamer
Apr 7, 2020
Visit site
Before you go crazy or something here are some of my thoughts about this news

Why did Garena PH shut down?
In my opinion, it all boils down to one thing, Money, it means Garena PH is not making a profit even with the release of AoV so in a financial viewpoint shutting down the Philippines office is reasonable decisions.

Another reason may have been the most recent debacle, in which League of Legends Client was infected by a crypto mining script that resulted on higher CPU usage on affected users.

Will LoL be removed in the Philippines?
God No, its still one of the most popular game in the country, League of Legends is here to stay. Also, bear in mind Garena did not create League, Riot Games made it and Tencent is a majority owner of Riot Games so in short Garena is just a licensing publisher to aid penetrate the market.

For me it would actually be better if we dont have Publishers like Garena, why? this means we will get updates directly from Riot Games for League of Legends, minimal region lock if Arena of Valor is published directly by Tencent imagine getting the same update from the parent company.

What will happen to my LoL account?
Nothing, data centers are usually situated overseas like Singapore so based from the news that Singapore office is now handling the situation your Garena accounts will remain as it is.

Proof? here is the location of the Garena Servers for SEA

So what will change?
Most likely change will be the events, since Garena has close ties with gaming event coordinators in Philippines its unknown how or who will be the contact meaning some LoL or AoV related events could get affected

Is this a good or bad thing?
For me its very good, did you know that you cannot access lol account information in Philippines because of the lack of api support? if we merge with Garenas other SEA data centers we might get access to this stats meaning ranking factors are now SEA based.

Video Coverage:

here are some of my thoughts and opinions feel free to add yours in the comment
It is probably expected since they have mismanagement and also the league ph should just be the main server

Reactions: Jhay reyes

Jhay reyes

Newbie Gamer
Apr 8, 2020
Visit site
Full Name
PCG

That soxsad

Soul11

Newbie Gamer
Apr 9, 2020
Visit site
Full Name
Dae Young
Woah. All good things really must come to an end huh? It was fun while it lasted. Thank you Garena PH for some fond memories.

Trial Card

Newbie Gamer
Apr 11, 2020
Visit site
Full Name
Retsard
Connected ba to kung bakit nawala yung assault fire nun? Wala akong nahagilap na balita nun eh patyngkol sa pagkawala ng af sa garena