How to Obtain a Free 4-Star Character in the Genshin Impact Lantern Rite 2024 Celebration

Genshin Impact is celebrating its annual Lantern Rite event with a bunch of exciting surprises for players to enjoy and the most anticipated 4-star character from the Liyue region that can be obtained for free.

GenshinImpact_Liyue_Characters_Free4Star_LanternRite2024.jpg

Players will have to complete all the phases of this year’s Lantern Rite event, “Vibrant Harriers Aloft in Spring Breeze,” in exchange for the invitation of their chosen character. All 4-star characters from the Liyue region, including the newly released Gaming, will be the available choices.

Note that only one invitation is offered during the event, which will require a total of 800 Festive Fevers. A Festive Fever can be obtained through playing Lantern Rite events like Paper Shadows A-Foraging, Joyful Beasts and Their Auspices, and Iridescent Cloud-Striding.

Players will have enough Festive Fever after completing the Lantern Rite events; hence, a free 4-star character is guaranteed. Here is a list of a total of 10 free characters to choose from:

Screenshot 2024-02-09 210849.png

After accumulating a total of 800 Fever, just tap the “Invite Character” option in the event page and select your desired character. Click “Confirm Invitation” and receive your free 4-star character.

If you want to enjoy the full experience of the Lantern Rite celebration, you may also check out these following events: Archon Quest Chapter I: Act III, “A New Star Approaches," Xianyun’s Story Quest “Grus Serena Chapter: Act I," Furina’s Story Quest “Animula Choragi Chapter: Act I," and “Hustle and Bustle."