League of Legends Samira Ability Rundown And Release Date Revealed

You might probably be thinking about how League's innovative champion creation is getting weirder and weirder lately. Well, you're not alone. As an old-time player, I saw how the champion mechanics changed from season to season. And here we are, receiving yet another champion with crazy mechanics - Samira, the Desert Rose.

This ain't your simple right-click AD carry. You already saw her sword, so what do you expect? From what I can see from her abilities right now, she has the highest solo-dueling capability out of all the existing list of ranged characters. Oh, you haven't seen them yet? Here's the official list of Samira's skills given by Riot:

Daredevil Impulse (Passive)
Chaining non-repeating abilities (and basic attacks) increases Samira's Style grade by one letter, from "E" to "S" rank. Every Style grade gives her bonus movement speed. Samira can also damage enemies at range with her guns or with her sword in melee range; the latter dealing bonus magic damage.

*Samira can also juggle enemies who are movement-impaired by her allies in the air, extending the displacement.

Flair (Q)
Samira fires a shot at her enemies directly when at range with her guns. Enemies in melee range will instead be damaged by a slash of her sword.

Blade Whirl (W)
Samira slashes the area around her with her sword, damaging enemies in the vicinity twice and destroying any enemy missiles in the area at cast and that enter the area after the fact.

Wild Rush (E)
Samira dashes through an enemy or ally, dealing magic damage to any enemies passed through and gaining bonus attack speed for a duration. Takedowns of enemy champions reset Wild Rush's cooldown.

Inferno Trigger (R)
Samira unleashes a torrent of shots from her weapons, wildly attacking any enemies around her 10 times over a duration. Each shot deals physical damage, applies lifesteal, and can critically strike.

*Samira can only cast Inferno Trigger if her current Style grade is at "S" (the max grade).

What seems to be the best part of her kit is the ability to destroy enemy missiles with her W. Although I can't confirm it yet, maybe her W can also deflect Urgot or Irelia's ultimate just like Yasuo's Windwall. Did I just say ranged a minute ago? My bad.

She's a melee-ranged! She's the Katarina-gone-wrong bruh! Her ultimate is the sweet cherry on top due to that almost non-existing cooldown. You don't believe me? Here, watch Mr. Taco show it to you.

She has a passive that can extend your pain from being impaired, a gap-closer and escape maneuver, and an ult that has the ability to turn the tables like it was nothing. Now, I know you're already searching for that release date. Riot revealed her official abilities and release date on their site.

Luckily, we don't have to wait that long. She'll arrive in Summoner's Rift on Patch 10.19. Here in the Philippines, Patch 10.18 is still on its way on September 4. We can expect her arrival in the first 2nd week of September. Who knows? We might even see her in Worlds 2020, hopefully.

All image credits above belong to Riot Games and credit to I Keep It Taco for the video included. What do you think of this new champion? Do you feel the thrill, too? Tell us your thoughts below.​