Match-3? Match the Tiles for your Girls : Gotoubun no Hanayome's Mobile Game Revealed

We know that we, as avid gamers whether you are playing in PC, Mobile, or Console, usually watch different media as other hobbies. Some go for Western, some go for telenovelas, and finally, we either go to cartoons or anime. Like we always say in the past here, if a series is popular, why not make a game to continue the popularity and gain more revenue. That's what once again we see here that might pick up the anime fans, especially last year. Let's talk about Gotoubun no Hanayome's new game, Gotōbun no Hanayome Itsutsugo-chan wa Puzzle o Gotōbun Dekinai.

Gotoubun no Hanayome a.jpg

For the unaware Gotoubun no Hanayome is the manga name of the anime, "Quintessential Quintuplets". Quintessential Quintuplets is the harem anime of 2019 where a tutor named Fuutarou Uesugi tutored the Nakano Quintuplets, the oldest being Ichika, the second is Nino, Third is Miku, the fourth one is Yotsuba, and last but not the least, Itsuki. Each of them has different quirks and personalities that make the anime fans pick their "waifus" and best girls. It was dubbed as another of the animes with a waifu war because all of them are interesting and attractive to a lot of people. The popularity flew sky high and it probably is one of the reasons that it has an upcoming game. '

Gotoubun no Hanayome b.png

The upcoming game's gameplay had been revealed recently and lo and behold it's a Match-3 game. The prior information we have at first is a puzzle game so people are curious about what kind of puzzle game it is. While some people in the community are wondering how would a Match-3 game work since the anime is very focused on the rom-com aspect, we speculate that it would have different dialogues, cutscenes, and all visual novel aspects that would work if you pass the levels without an issue. This probably is the case once you have since the videos that the developers, enish post on their Youtube channel.

There is also news of having it as a gacha? It's still really in the air for now, but it would be interesting to get waifus in their different costumes. I for one, welcome it. As long as the gacha is very free-to-play friendly. But apparently, from the images that we have seen, there are pictures of the girls in chibi and they have respective stars. I surmise that it will affect how much score/power each tile will make corresponding to each girl. So if that's the plan, then it is a clear path to a gacha system.

Gotoubun no Hanayome c.jpg

For the fans like me, I bet you are all hyped if the game will be released in global. As of now, there's still no news about it. But as we always say, wait and hope! If the developers see the possibility of earning more revenue for the die-hard fans of the game, you know that they will do their best to play this game easily. Even some might play it in Japanese format. But if you do not want to deal with trying to understand the Japanese language, you'll just have to wait honestly.

Gotoubun no Hanayome d.jpg

And enough of those nay-sayers that say why is it Match-3, the genre has been gaining revenues for a while now and it still sells as long as the franchise using it is very popular and Gotoubun is such a franchise I believe. With the popularity of the girls still high (I moderate one of the girl's fan subreddit) and season 2 delayed until next year, it has the chance to capitalize on all those things and make a successful game out of this.

Gotoubun no Hanayome e.jpg

But this is my take as a mobile gamer and as a fan of the series. Of course, I would be excited for this one to share with my peers. How about you? Tell us in the comments!