MU Archangel is out now for Android and iOS in Southeast Asia

WEBZEN, a global developer and publisher of PC and mobile games, announced that its new mobile MMORPG MU Archangel is now available on Android and iOS in Southeast Asia.

MU Archangel is a new mobile MMORPG and a spin-off of the original MMORPG MU Online that provides classic MU elements that fans of the franchise all know and love, such as Devil Square, Blood Castle, World BOSS, Ancient Battlefield and much more.

Following the huge success of the previous launch in South Korea, Taiwan, and Vietnam, MU Archangel is out now in Southeast Asian countries, including Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, and the Philippines. MU Archangel is now available for download on the Google Play Store and App Store for free, in English, Thai and Chinese.

There are three playable classes - Dark Knight, Dark Wizard and Elf, and players can also choose the gender of the Dark Wizard (male or female) class. After character creation, MU Archangel will allow players to take advantage of a free-to-play game and earn extra EXP and tons of other rewards through various daily quests and farming available in the game.

Players can also join thrilling parties for BOSS raids and guild battles such as Castle Siege, Guild Estate, and Guild Training, and explore exciting new content that suits their playstyle best. To see what is in the game, watch the launch trailer at the official YouTube channel:

To celebrate the SEA launch, the Archangel team is running various events including the Server BOSS First Kill Event, and the Hall of Fame Ranking Event, as well as extra rewards such as a daily login bonus, Happy Hour rewards, and lv90 rewards. Additionally, everyone who pre-registered for MU Archangel on the Google Play Store or App Store will receive a coupon including Jewel of Blessing, Jewel of Soul, Jewel of Life, and a commemorative title that will support players in their initial gameplay.

Along with the launch in Southeast Asia today, the official MU Archangel website also goes live, providing the latest game news, guides, shop, FAQ, and support services. Top-up bonuses, special daily package and more promotions are also waiting for players to offer the best deals.

To learn more about MU Archangel, visit the official website: http://muarchangel.webzen.com and discuss the game and participate in the latest events, contests and giveaways on the official Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/MUarchangelSEAofficial

About MU Archangel

MU Archangel is a mobile MMORPG game, which has most closely inherited the features of the first Korean full 3D MMORPG "MU Online" developed by Webzen. MU Archangel provides a classic MU experience on a mobile device. Players can choose from 3 distinct classes - Dark Knight, Dark Wizard, or Elf, and enjoy classic MU contents including Blood Castle, Devil Square, Chaos Castle, and much more. Classic elements of the PC MMORPG MU Online have been embodied within a mobile device to provide users with the best MU gameplay experience. More information is available on the official Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/MUarchangelSEAofficial

About Webzen

Webzen Inc. is a global developer and publisher of a variety of PC and mobile games such as MU Origin 2, MU Origin, MU Online, Shot Online, Continent of the Ninth Seal (C9), the Metin series and an array of exciting game titles listed for release in the global game market. WEBZEN has expanded its publishing services to Europe, North and South America and other countries by operating its global game portal 'Webzen.com' which hosts 60 million players globally. Further information on Webzen and its games can be found at: http://www.webzen.com/

Publishers or Game Developers can send their press release on our site, simply follow the guide here: https://pinoygamer.ph/pages/press

LU.MA

Newbie Gamer
May 13, 2021
Visit site
Full Name
Luigi Marquez
Hi guys, are you exited about MU Archangel? I know I am, and I am downloading it right now.

Still wonder what my starting class will be, I mostly played an Elf in the past, but I thing I am going to look for another class this time, a Dark Wizard for example, I always wanted to try the powerful dark magic spells from him. If you have played MU before, you should look forward to play MU Archangel kike me. Have you download the game yet? You should so we can play together!

The more the merrier!

World Flipper

lallalla

Newbie Gamer
May 13, 2021
Visit site
Full Name
Dan Suson
Hello folks,

For people who don't know MU Archangel is an Hack and Slash MMO which got released today in SEA for Android.

After doing some research about the success of the game in Korea I found this Korean article:http://www.seoulfn.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=384663

According to this article MU Archangel did top 3 on the Google Play Store in Korea which is pretty impressive if you ask me.

This makes me hopeful that this game will do well in SEA , so hyped!

LU.MA

Newbie Gamer
May 13, 2021
Visit site
Full Name
Luigi Marquez
oh my god, it is amazing! First, I could not decide what class I play. I usually chose the Elf, but I thought its time to chose something different, so I started with a Dark Wizard, dealing damage by using powerful skills was very teasing for me.

Right after my start into this new world I was amazed. Lorencia now looks so much livelier as in the previous MU Origin Games, more like MU Online, and it was fun to explore the town. But I was very basic, no weapons, no Armor, I had to follow the story to gain my first set of gear and was stunned by the look, I always loved the look of the Armor sets in MU.

I also got fast into the new UI, instead of blocking half of the monitor, as in the former MU Origins, it is now collapsed on the bottom of the screen and can be folded out via click on a button.

It still has the auto-combat system like the most mobile MMOs does have it, but you are always able to control the game by yourself, so it is not that bad at all.

After some battles on the off world, I was going in the underground, met the Death King and had a, well let’s say, heated discussion. But here I learned on of the fist changed, instead of a dungeon, the Death King is one of the “Solo Bosses” and I had to kill him within a certain time to get better loot from him, first I missed that there is no dungeon anymore but to be fair, the dungeon was never important, Webzen seems to listen to that and scrapped the dungeon and lead the player to a direct confrontation with the Boss, I do like this change.

New is the land of Demons, where you can fight for a certain time endless waves of Monster for more exp as you get from regular fights, and was amazed how much EXP I got here, my character made 4 levels within moments. I really love this feature.

Finally, I got into one of my most favourite contends of the former games, the Blood Castle. I really was excited to see its back and it nearly not changed at all but now it has a final Boss, the Blood Angel, which add some spice to the challenge.

All in all, I am very excited about how much they have improved the game since MU Origins 2 and looking forward to continuing my adventure!

LU.MA

Newbie Gamer
May 13, 2021
Visit site
Full Name
Luigi Marquez
Oh cool, free coupons for MU Archangel! One for the Pre-Registration and one for a Facebook Event, I have them right here for you:

17YFNqaJ

Will give you:

• 3 Jewel of Chaos
  • 3 Jewel of Blessing
  • 3 Jewel of Souls
And

165xKDd3

Will give you:

• The title: “Descent of Lorencia”
  • 2 Jewel of Chaos
  • 2 Jewel of Blessing
  • 2 Jewel of Souls
But be fast, the codes will expire today!! So better grab it now before it is too late.

I am sure I will make good use of those codes!

LU.MA

Newbie Gamer
May 13, 2021
Visit site
Full Name
Luigi Marquez
I think i finally understand how the Land of the Demons work, took me a while but now I understand that I need contribution points to enter the Land of Demons, which I get by doing the daily tasks.

Like the Blood Castle, one of my favorite activities, which I already loved in MU Origins, and of course the original MU. Here I not only I get contribution points but also the Jewel of Blessing, which are needed to upgrade my equipment.

Contribution Points will be generated through synthesis.

Or the Devil Square, where you must fight through waves of monsters. You can get here a certain amount of EXP based on the number of monsters you kill here. As more monsters and waves, you defeat as higher will be your ranking and as more EXP you get.

As in the Blood Castle, CP from the Devil Square will be generated trough synthesis.

The Bosses, solo and World Boss are also a good source for those points, have you notice them already? I love the challenge try to kill them within the given time and enjoy the loot from them, what I do not need I sell in the auction, so I always have a steady income of garnets, which are needed for nearly everything in the game, upgrading, pets, skill books and so on. But better do the world boss not by your own, bring your friends along or better your guild members!

Also, the Ancient Demons and Bosses are a good source for Gear and of course contribution points, but also the EXP orbs you get by killing those are worth it to do them. But like the world boss, it is advised to bring your friends along, or even better, your guild members bevor entering the Ancient Bosses, they might be old, but they are very strong! But the reward is worth it.

The bounty quest and the auto battle are the easiest way to get those points, they are mostly automatically, and you can relax and lay back while watching your character do those quests. But the reward is not as high, some Garnets, some EXP and standard Gear, but still a good way and I always love it to do them and have a rest.

But there are so much more ways, the Lupercal, Icarus and so on, you should try them all out. All daily activities are needed to get the most out of the Land of Demons…

LU.MA

Newbie Gamer
May 13, 2021
Visit site
Full Name
Luigi Marquez
Oh, silly me, when I tell you about my experiences to join the Land of Demons, I also should tell you why you should go there.

Well, EXP of course, tons of EXP! There is in my experience no better source for it, as the Land of Demons. Sure, I mean you also get them from the other daily tasks, but the Land of Demons is the best way to level up quick! But you also get a lot of Gear and Garnets here. The monster here will give you nearly a 200% EXP bonus when you kill them which makes it my favorite hunting ground whenever I need to level up fast.

You should try it by yourself and tell me what you think!

LU.MA

Newbie Gamer
May 13, 2021
Visit site
Full Name
Luigi Marquez
Woohoo finally got my wings today. Just needed two Jewel of Chaos and 1 Chrystal of Chaos, which I got as attendance reward and combined them via combining screen to receive it. Now I was able to enter Icarus and wow, what a dungeon, I really love it. It is so clean and beautiful, almost like heaven.

The task itself is not a hard one as well, just fight through the waves of monsters and try to reach the highest rank possible.

You will have to kill a certain number of monsters, to become higher in rank. Rank goes here from C to triple S.

I notices I could slow monsters one time. Foolish as I am, the first time I used it right at the beginning, noticed too late it only works 60 seconds and could not defeat the final boss.

Second time I was aware of it and used it as the boss arrived and got my triple S ranking this time.

A specialty of this dungeon is: The monsters wont attack! They just passing through, moving from the beginning of the dungeon until the end. You will have to kill them, before they reached the end of the floor.

Veteran player might remember like me, it was the same on the Zen Dungeon of MU Origins!

As reward for completing the dungeon are, you never would guess it, feathers.

Which is quite awesome because they are awfully needed to upgrade the jewelry and of course the wings as well.

So, all in all, a very useful and nice dungeon.

I really love it.

LU.MA

Newbie Gamer
May 13, 2021
Visit site
Full Name
Luigi Marquez
I must admit. MU Archangel is way much harder than MU Origins, if you do not upgrade your gear you barely have a chance to survive. But not only the upgrade of your gear, also the evolution of your set parts and weapon is necessary.

I noticed first after trying a Bellator Boss on a higher level first time, I lost the battle, even my Level was way higher than his, so I tried again, and again I lost. I remembered then about the upgrade tutorial and blame myself that I forgot. So I used all my Jewel of Blessing I had left and upgrade some of my set parts and noticed my cp raised, but it was not enough, so I needed more Jewel of Blessing.

Fortunately, I could do the Bloody castle a couple of time, where I got more Jewel of Blessing and was able to update my gear to +6 after a couple of days. Now I was ready to go back to Bellator again and finally I could beat the Boss, and 2 more.

With Jewel of Souls, I was able to upgrade my gear a little bit more, just had to buy them from the Garnet Shop, just had to spend Garnets from them, which I had to farm. Same for the Jewel of Moonlight, which are needed for the final stage of the gear upgrade.

The Land of Demons, as well as the Auto-Battle from the mandatory tasks, are a good source for Garnets, but also selling items in the auction, or do the bounty quest will help you to farm them faster.

The Gear Evolution also should not be neglected at all.

Not only it increases the stats of your gear it also will enhance your CP, but It is not easy.

You need the Jewel of Evolution for it, which you also can buy in the Garnet Shop, but you also will use Garnets to make sure the Evolution chance is 100%, which makes the full gear evolution very expensive, but if you see the raise of the stats you will notice, it is worth every Garnet you had spent.

TL;DR:

• Upgrade all your gear.
  • Evolute your gear to maximum
  • Profit!

LU.MA

Newbie Gamer
May 13, 2021
Visit site
Full Name
Luigi Marquez
I will tell you what, I am a huge fan of the Blood Castle. It was one of my favorite activities in MU Online, as well in the Origins Games, and I so was hoping they will bring it back, and here it is! The new and shiny Blood Castle, and it feels like as awesome as always.

All is there, that I loved the guardians on the bridge, the magician skeletons, the Crystal Statue, even the Blood Angel!

Wait what? A new Boss inside the dungeon, well that’s a surprise, I love it but it is really hard to deal with it, because the Blood Angel has a large health bar, and only 30 seconds time to beat her, to get the best result.

Time is also something new in the dungeon.

The Blood Castle is separated in several zones, and you have to complete each one, within a certain time to prevent the rank to drop to a lower one.

You start with a SSS ranking and whenever you miss a time challenge, your rank will drop by one. Which means in worst case, and if you miss all targets, your best rank will be C.

And again, upgrading the gear is the magic word here. As higher your equipment, easier it will be to pass the time trial.

Took me a while but now I mostly finish it with a double S rank.

I need to enhance the option upgrade of my gear before I have a chance for a triple S result.

LU.MA

Newbie Gamer
May 13, 2021
Visit site
Full Name
Luigi Marquez
Have you been in the Ancient Battlefield already? This is amazing, not because of the monsters or bosses but I really have a hard time there, looks like another player takes “Battlefield” a little bit too serious, it is like the wild west of MU Archangel.

Whenever I try to kill an Ancient Demon or Boss, I am going to die, or at least, get attacked by another player. Fortunately, I upgraded my gear already for a good bit so standing there now has become a bit easier for me. But best advice for now? Go with my guild members, together we stand!

The rewards are just too good, to leave the Ancient Battlefield out: Gold Boxes, EXP Orbs, Gear and much more, so I have to go there, also for the second job change, since the ancient battlefield is one source to get the Stone of Darkness there.

But as I said, better bring your guildmembers with you, alone you have barely a chance to win.

But it is fun nonetheless!

LU.MA

Newbie Gamer
May 13, 2021
Visit site
Full Name
Luigi Marquez
Yay, Devil Square is back!

I am glad the Devil Square had been returned, also it has changed since MU Origins. Looks like now its just killing endless hordes of monsters to get the highest possible rank (SSS). Not a bad thing though, since it is fun nonetheless, but I am missing the bosses which was always a nice challenge. But hey, it is the Devil Square after all. Enter the dungeon, slash the monsters down and see with a satisfying glee in your eyes your point counter rising, and of course, also watch your rank moving from C up to SSS, while sipping your coffee, tea, water, or soda.

Yeah, I love the Devil Square, like his counterpart, the Blood Castle, it is one of the Dungeons I was looking forward too. I just wish I could enter it more. Only every 2 days is just too less.

LU.MA

Newbie Gamer
May 13, 2021
Visit site
Full Name
Luigi Marquez
Just did my second-class change, now I am a Soul Mage, yippie! But men that was a hell of work, the first part was the easiest of them, killing 30 monsters.

But after that? Go and collect the Coin of Courage for the Nebulas. That was tough work, spend a lot of time in the Land of Demons just to find enough Coins to activate all 20 of them.

Not enough the number of Coins where increasing as more I activated (4 at the beginning, 9 in the final stages), it also failed a couple of times, and to be able to spend time in the Land of Demons I had to go and do all the Mandatory tasks.

But I made it, after 4 days I’d collected enough Coins of Courage and activate all 20 Nebulas.

Now up to the Stone of Darkness, the last challenge, which drops, rare of course, from Bosses, World Boss and Ancient Bosses. And those who are level 200 and join the World Boss or try to kill Ancient Bosses knows how tough this can be. At this low level, you are a snack for most high-level player. But at least you just needed to stay alive long enough to deal some damage to the World Boss to have a chance the Stone will drop and not have to be the player with highest damage. So, after a couple of days, fighting, dying, fight and die again, and with some help or my guildmembers, i left the World Boss dungeon and happily holding the Stone of Darkness in my Hand. I brought it to my Mentor. She was proud of me and send me to the Class-Change NPC which finally transformed me to a Soul Mage! Wooohoooo!

But that is not the end, just the beginning, again upgrading the gear, evolution, options upgrade, and keep leveling up to be ready for the next adventures.

Work In MU never ends!

But that’s why we love it, right?!

LU.MA

Newbie Gamer
May 13, 2021
Visit site
Full Name
Luigi Marquez
Love the Lupercal feature of the game, mining for Garnets and Life Stones? Sounds like fun to me and basically it is. Would there not be all the greedy gamer out who yearn for my precious garnet.

But I will show them and get it back! Or… Just ask my guild to do me that favour.

But mining alone is pointless, to get the best out of it, you should try to enhance the pickaxe to the best possible level, before start mining to get the best out of it. But of course, as more you earn, as more they can plunder from you, so you better have the backup plan “Gentle Users Interact with Lupercal Defier) or short “Guild” in your hand.

Now should I go back to the game, still have some plunder missions open, wonder how much Garnets will be able to steal, oh and need to return my own Garnets as well….

There is always something to do in MU!

LU.MA

Newbie Gamer
May 13, 2021
Visit site
Full Name
Luigi Marquez
Against my usual behaviour I decided to spend some money to become a VIP player and I did not regret it at all. Not only that I became VIP 1 now, it also came with two titles, a new mounts, and some more little extras. Permanent XP increasing, some garnets and so on.

It does not make my life now completely easier of give me a huge advantage (though the CP from the mount is nice) but I am very satisfied. The diamonds I got were spent in XP buffs for the Land of the Demons, spoiled myself with a little bit more EXP for a couple of days.

As I said, I don’t like to pay for mobile games, but in this case, it was every penny worth.

World Flipper