My Hero Academia manga is coming to an end with only five chapters left

Through Shueisha ‘s "Jump Press" video, it has been revealed that Kōhei Horikoshi's My Hero Academia manga is coming to an end in five chapters. The final chapter will be published in Weekly Shonen Jump magazine's combined 36th and 37th issue. It will be released on August 5.

my hero academia 1.png

Previously, Horikoshi stated that the manga will continue "for a short while". This was when the manga had already started its epilogue last June 3. Currently, the manga is on a two-week break but will return on July 1.

My Hero Academia was first launched in Weekly Shonen Jump in July 2014 with Viz Media publishing the english version of the manga series digitally and in print in North America. Shueisha's MANGA Plus service also publishes the manga in English digitally. By April of this year, the manga series had over 100 million copies in circulation.

my hero academia.jpg

Due to the success of the manga series, six television anime seasons and several anime specials have debuted since then. Last April 6, the seventh season debuted with a four-episode My Hero Academia Memories special. The main season seven anime then followed on May 4.

My Hero Academia THE MOVIE You're Next.png

There are also three anime films that have debuted based on the manga. A fourth anime film is on the way titled My Hero Academia THE MOVIE: You're Next. It will premiere on August 2 with Horikoshi being the general supervisor and original character designer of the upcoming film.