Welcome to PinoyGamer!

Join the Filipino Gaming community now and discuss with other pinoy members! Feel free to sign up now.

Featured Need some advice before buying PS4.

Discussion in 'PS4' started by zefrix, Sep 18, 2015.

1. zefrix

zefrix Newbie Gamer

Topics:
    Hello folks! :) I really want to buy a PS4, but I have some questions which I'm hoping you guys could answer for me.

1. I'm aware that CUH-xxxx is the serial number. I can't find much info about them so I wanna which CUH-xxxx should I look for before buying a PS4?

2. Should I buy US or Asian PS4 and why?

3. Should I buy now or wait for possible Holiday promos in December?

Thanks in advance :)

LockDown likes this.
  2. xero

xero Moderator

Topics:
    Team:
    OVD
    Hi @zefrix , i have no issue buying any ps4 as long as i can get the warranty, first of consider where you are staying if your in asia it would be advisable to get asian version for warranty purposes although i have no idea if service center would accept US in asia.

Buying on holidays in US is better actually in asia such as Philippines they barely give out promotions for example US holidays sells bundled consoles with games for free, in ph it cost more coz of they bill with the game from my experience.

Also note that there are new version of PS4 with 1 Terra byte storage not sure if there is ssd version though.

zefrix likes this.
  3. LockDown

LockDown Moderator

Topics:
    My advice hmmm buy now? why? almost all of the coolest games are being released , like metal gear and nba 2k16 :D , US or ASIA depends on who do you wanna play with haha , and regarding the serial perhaps some people got things to say about finding the best serial :D

zefrix likes this.
  4. zefrix

zefrix Newbie Gamer

Topics:
    Thank for the answers Sir xero and Sir LockDown :)

Are the 1 TB PS4s available in the PH now? I checked the websites of some of the more popular stores but they were selling 500 gb versions only. And if I bought an Asian PS4, how would it affect PS Plus and my online gaming--does it mean I'd only be able to play on Asian severs of online games?

I know I'm a newbie and I'm asking a lot of questions here, please bear with me :)

5. xero

xero Moderator

Topics:
    Team:
    OVD
    Regarding the 1 TB version im not sure of its availability in PH, for the PS Plus its dependent on the account you created. You have to create an account on which region you want sadly there is no Philippines option, so what i did was to choose Singapore also in order to purchase online using PS plus you need to have a Credit Card from Singapore this is how US region would work.

I havent tried if this works Datablitz have top up cards for ps plus according to my friends this works on all region of ps plus account eliminating the credit card boundary

leviticusrockz likes this.
  6. zefrix

zefrix Newbie Gamer

Topics:
  7. xero

xero Moderator

Topics:
    Team:
    OVD
    yep try asking first on datablitz to confirm this, oh my more discounts haha love the silver color though!

8. Kenneth Mervin Enriquez

Topics:
    Difference of Asian Version and US Version:
    Asia = O yung accept X yung back
    US = X yung accept O yung back :D

Para sa akin Asia yung bilin mo kasi yung service center malapit sa cubao lang may service center yung Sony sa PS4.

Isa pa sa dapat mong iconsider is yung PSN account saka region version ng games na bibilin mo.

Dapat may multiple account ka sa PSN
    1st account dapat asian country tapos 2nd account mo dapat Us country.

ASIAN PSN account mo para yun sa mga R3 games para compatible yung voucher code or dlc ng game

US PSN account mo para naman yun sa mga R1 games para compatible yung voucher code or dlc ng game

leviticusrockz and LockDown like this.
  9. LockDown

LockDown Moderator

Topics:
    Thankyou sir sa mga INFO at help na nabibigay niyo, god bless :D

10. iamamiel

iamamiel Newbie Gamer

Topics:
    Hello!

newbie here and nkita ko kasi na meron ng thread about buying PS4 so dito ko na lng po ilagay din ang query ko.
    nabasa ko naman yung other comments but i still have some dilemma.

1. Where to buy a PS4?
    - I have read some comments in Facebook that some people are having "Warranty Issue" sa DataBlitz na wala daw service warranty coming from Sony and a friend of mine confirmed it, pero when it comes to the console wala pa naman daw sila nagiging problem. (other recommendation sakin is to consider buying daw sa iTech SM North). warranty is important pa man din lalo na kung magiging hardcore gamer. baka anytime bumigay ang PS4. plan ko po kasi talaga before na sa DataBlitz bumili kasi dun po ako bumibili ng Games for my PS Vita.

2. How to know if i will be getting the new version?
    - may nakapag sabi lang din sakin that the older version of PS4 has "ejection problem" that is solved with the newer version. totoo po ba yun?

3. 1TB or 500GB
    - i know that having a large memory do have an advantage pero one time while watching some reviews on YouTube (link:
    ) starts at 0:49, he states that the 1TB uses the Old version and the 500GB uses the new version of motherboard, when it comes to power saving Rest mode 36% and Running Games 25% less power which means daw it runs cooler and quieter.

4. TV
    - i do have a TV here that has a HDMI port (brand is Dynex) pero i don't know if this one could handle the game play of PS4 sabi lang kasi sakin ng staff ng DataBlitz as long as meron daw HDMI port pwede na daw. when i was buying my PS Vita in Toy Kingdom sabi naman ng staff dun Smart TV naman daw or latest TV na may HDMI port.

sensya na po kung dami may side comment just want to clarify para po maging maganda ang gaming experience and less problem encounter.

Thank you!