New Dragon Ball Daima Anime has been announced by Toei Animation

Dragon Ball Daima, a new anime in the series, will debut in the fall of 2024, according to a statement made by Toei Animation during its Dragon Ball panel at New York Comic Con on Thursday. Akira Toriyama, who created the series, is "deeply involved beyond his usual capacity" in this anime and has written completely original episodes for the plot.

Dragon_Ball_Daima_1697215254244_1697215318944.jpg

Goku, Vegeta, Bulma, and other characters in the series will age significantly younger than they are originally. Contrary to a similar scenario in the Dragon Ball GT anime, where Goku transforms back into a child following the conclusion of the original series, this one does not involve Goku. Despite the fact that the title "Daima" has no meaning, the English word "Evil" might be inferred from the kanji.

The 131-episode television anime series Dragon Ball Super debuted in July 2015 and ran through March 2018. The show was streamed live by Funimation and Crunchyroll, and Funimation also made it available on home video.

dbs.jpg

Meanwhile in Japan and the US, Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero premiered in June 2022 and August of that year, respectively. The movie was shown in theaters all over the world by Sony Pictures and Crunchyroll. The movie is shown in 13 dubbed languages and 29 subtitled languages, with both the original Japanese audio and the dub being included in the screenings.

Dragon Ball Daima Teaser Trailer​

Additionally, Akira Toriyama provided a statement for attendees at the New York Comic Con 2023 about the upcoming series.
"Hello. I'm Akira Toriyama. I'm currently working on a new Dragon Ball. The title is Dragon Ball Daima. "Daima" is a made-up term, which in Japanese characters would be "大魔" or in English would be something like "Evil." Due to a conspiracy, Goku and his friends are turned small. In order to fix things, they'll head off to a new world! It's a grand adventure with intense action in an unknown and mysterious world. Since Goku has to make up for his petite size, he uses his Nyoibo (Power Pole) to fight, something not seen in a long time. I came up with the story and settings, a well as a lot of the designs. I'm actually putting a lot more into this than usual! Things will unfold that close in on the mysteries of the Dragon Ball world. Hope you all enjoy these different-from-usual battles that are cute and powerful!"

During the upcoming Dragon Ball games fight hour on January 27–28, further details will be revealed.