Omega Esports Dota 2 roster banned from SEA DPC due to match-fixing

Omega Esports banned from competing in Valve Software-sponsored events and afterwards, forfeited their spot in Division 1 of the league due to their engagement in match-fixing.

omega.jpg

The news of Omega Esports being banned from all of Valve Software-sponsored events was announced by Beyond the Summit, organizers of the Southeast Asian regional league for the 2021-2022 Dota Pro Circuit (DPC), on their official social media accounts.

Six current and former members of Omega Esports were named by Beyond the Summit when they made the announcement of the ban. These includes the current players Prince "Prince" Daculan and Ryniel Keit "Zenki" Alvarez, coach Chris Ian Francis "CTY" Maldo, as well as former players Dave Hiro "Hiro" Miyata, Patt Piolo "Piolz" Dela Cruz, and Van Jerico "Van" Manalaysay.

Execration, another Filipino team competing in the Division I of the SEA DPC that signed Van into their team earlier this month, was given permission to fill in the spot vacated by the banned player and to continue competing in the upcoming season.

As Omega Esports forfeited their spot in Division I, BOOM Esports from Division II has filled in the spot the Smart Omega has opened. BOOM Esports finished in 7th place in the second tour of the previous season and thus was demoted to Division II for the upcoming season.

Because of BOOM Esports promotion in Division I, a spot was also left open in Division II which will be filled in through an additional open qualifier tomorrow, November 26.

Both Beyond the Summit and Valve have yet to reveal details in regards to the match-fixing activities that made Omega Esports being banned from the tournament.