ONIC PH and MPL PH has Responded to the Recent Redraft Incident, Fans are still Outraged

ONIC PH has broken their silence and explained to the fans their side of story regarding the redraft issue during their match against Omega Esports.

omg vs onic.png

During a live stream, the coach explained that they really intended to pick Aulus during the first draft to prevent Omega in counter-banning the hero. However, instead of Aulus, the hero Bane showed up instead in which the coach stated it was a known bug since the last season that hasn’t been fixed.

“Last season, there were a lot of bugs on the switch for the previous tournaments,” stated Yeb. “So we were told to avoid switching when picking a hero but it rarely happened during our streams.”

Yeb continued and said that Milly, manager of ONIC PH, immediately informed the marshals about the bug. "We all panicked because of the in-game countdown and we haven’t picked our third hero yet."

The marshals and the team alternately discussed which then ended by the marshals by telling the team to just continue the drafting process. The team then picked Kaja. Omega picked Beatrix, and was followed by a Mathilda and Rafaela ban. ONIC PH responded by banning Thamuz and Khaleed. After the drafting phase was done, the game was paused and another discussion ensued regarding the issue.

“This is what went on our side, I really don’t know what happened,” stated Yeb. The marshal said, "If you plan to replace Bane with Aulus because of the bug, Omega Esports will change its Beatrix pick,’ that’s what they said to Milly."

Yeb then stepped up to disagree with the decision of the marshal. The coach believes that Omega Esports don’t have any right to change their hero pick since they’re not the ones that were experiencing the issue in-game.

Because of this, the marshals were forced to rethink their decision which further delayed the game. Eventually, they came up with an alternative. They offered the team a chance to re-draft their heroes but only until Aulus which was refused by ONIC PH.

“I don’t like that since they (Omega Esports) already saw our possible heroes to partner with Aulus. I don’t know what’s on their side. So, I refused,” stated Yeb.

Another discussion started again which further delayed the game for a long time which resulted in a complete redraft for the both teams.

“We were asked if the team would just continue the match or not. Then I said, the decision is yours if we should continue or change it to Aulus. Because they are the committee or the marshals, they can decide since they have a rulebook,” stated Yeb.

After the lengthy discussion, the marshals then decided to do a complete redraft to make it fair for everyone. The match continued and it resulted in ONIC PH winning with a 2-1 score against Omega Esports.

Yeb clarified that he’s only explaining ONIC PH side and has no knowledge regarding what happened to Omega Esports at that time.

MPL PH has also released their official statement on the issue on September 26.

mpl ph.jpg

The league assured the fans that they will do their best to improve MPL PH and that they will take necessary steps to make sure that this issue will never happen again.

After ONIC PH has explained their side, Yeb states how bad the situation is because of the ongoing harassment that his team is experiencing since the redraft issue.

“I just want to say to the MLBB fans and the MLBB community that we respect all teams and the fans. But please stop harassing my players and ONIC Management. Some of them are minors, I want the community to be healthy,” stated Yeb.

The coach then added that this incident did help the team become closer however because of the continued backlash and harassment from the community, it was stressful for the players of ONIC PH.

“The sad part is, I found out that the families of my players are also getting harassed. Guys, I know there is nothing wrong with being a diehard fan. But the thing is there’s always a line that should never be crossed, when becoming a fan means putting others down just to make your team look strong,” stated Yeb.

ONIC PH’s manager Sanchez then ended the stream with a statement that the fans should be careful about what they say to other people, especially to the families of the pro players.