Popular K-pop Girl Group ITZY collaborates with The Pokémon Company to promote several Pokémon medias

The Pokémon Company and ITZY, the five-member K-pop girl group from JYP Entertainment, have collaborated to promote Pokémon Legends: Arceus, Pokémon Unite, and Pokémon Trading Card Game (TCG).

itzy.jpg

For the promotion of the Nintendo Switch game, Pokémon Legends Arceus, a new commercial, a making-of video, and a TikTok video featuring ITZY will be released on February 9. Also, in case you missed it, Pokémon Legends Arceus is now available.

arceus.jpg

Moreover, it's also confirmed that the group will also appear in commercials and events for other Pokémon media such as Pokémon Unite and Pokémon Trading Card Game (TCG). ITZY’s hit song “WANNABE”, which already has 400 million views on YouTube, was chosen as the tie-up song.

In a short interview with the group, the members have expressed their excitement with collaborating with Pokémon.

What did you think when you decided to tie up with Pokemon?

Yeji: I was happy to hear that I could work with Pokemon, which is known by many people and which I have loved since I was a child.

Chaeryeong: I’m very happy to be working on Pokemon! I’ve been watching it since I was a kid, so I feel nostalgic and honored at the same time!

Yuna: I’m really happy that we decided to tie up with Pokemon. Please give me much anticipation and love for the future with my very, very favorite Pokemon and their friends~!

What is your favorite Pokemon? What is your favorite Pokemon?

Lia: I used to like Snorlax but I fell in love with Eevee during this shoot… (laughs)

Chaeryeong: My favorite Pokémon is Eevee! I think it’s beautiful with its sparkling eyes!

What are your memories of Pokemon?

Yeji: I’ve been told a few times that I look like Eevee. It made me happy because Eevee is one of my favorite Pokemon!

Lia: When I was a kid, I would always watch Pokemon in front of the TV every morning. It was my routine for the day!

Ryujin: When I was playing games as a child, my parents got angry with me because I was playing too much for fun.

For all MIDZYs out there, it’s time to bring out your inner Pokémon fan as this is a collaboration you don’t wanna miss along with all the other activities of the group. Which of the pokémons do you think the members look like?