Project GG - integrating video games with PH's education system

Projectgg

Newbie Gamer
Nov 3, 2016
Imagine a world where playing video games is celebrated as much as reading books.

Project GG sees a Philippines where playing video games is considered a positive activity and is integrated in the country's education system.

I believe that there is something more to video games other than fun and entertainment. Stigma against video games looks at it from a narrow perspective. Parents discouraging their kids from playing and schools banning computer shops are only some examples of stigma against it. Although there is danger in falling into video game addiction, I believe that with the right guidance, video games have the potential to contribute positively in our society.

To turn this vision into a reality, I hope to execute ProjectGGPH. The project aims to achieve the following milestones:

2016 - find other individuals who believe in the same vision (starting November '16)
2017 - encourage 8 secondary schools to form their own "varsity" esports teams and make them compete in the country's first inter-school esports tournament
2018 - test a video-game-centric curriculum to a select set of primary school students
2019 - test a video-game-centric curriculum to a select set of secondary school students
2020 - integrate the video-game-centric curriculum to the current curriculum of most primary and seconadry schools

A video-game-centric curriculum focuses on using mainstream video games (such as MMORPGS and MOBAs) as tools to teach students the following:
  1. Values such as discipline, teamwork, and self-control
  2. Soft skills such as decision making, organized thinking, and strategic thinking
  3. Technical skills such as grammar, science, and logic
Honestly, I do not know how to turn this vision into a reality. But with a team of individuals who believe in the same vision, we will figure it out and have a better chance of turning it into a reality. If you like to join this team, just do one of the following:
  1. Send me an email ([email protected]) or
  2. Follow me on Twitter (username @projectggph) or
  3. Add me on Facebook (name Jick Loath)
Thank you for your time