Welcome to PinoyGamer!

Join the Filipino Gaming community now and discuss with other pinoy members! Feel free to sign up now.

PS4 Question about PSN and PLDT DSL

Discussion in 'PS4' started by geekyrose, Feb 2, 2017.

1. geekyrose

geekyrose Newbie Gamer

Topics:
    Hi Pinoy Gamers!

Noob Question.. I have a PS4 and I've been wanting to play PS3 games using PSN. I have 3mbps plan from PLDT, but when I tried to connect to PSN and tried this game. I have an error showing that my internet is not enough to run the game.

Is 3mbps not enough to run PSN games? A friend told me it works for him, smooth and zero lag. But I also heard some people says that it's the ping or the latency, that even though I upgrade my speed to 5mbps, it wouldn't work because of that. If so, how should I improve mine? If the only choice is to upgrade to 5mbps, I'll do so in a heartbeat. But for now, I want to try everything first. If someone here knows how to tinker the home network, please do guide me. I'm good at following instructions.

Thank you! :)

EDIT: My PS4 is connected via ethernet.

2. AzureYukiPoo

AzureYukiPoo Casual Gamer

Topics:
    As you mentioned that you are already connected via wire/lan cable.

I would ask if you have a router and if there are a lot of people using your internet because that could be a factor when it comes to high ping and latency issues. Yes upgrading is the easy option but i would suggest having a good QoS(Quality of Service) wherein it will prioritize your gaming over downloads or other people hogging the net. A quick google search for how to activate your QoS is fine because routers and modems have different interfaces..

admin likes this.
  3. ojitoy

ojitoy Casual Gamer

Topics:
    Team:
    oj

mine is connected din kaso 5mbps mabilis nmn sya tska a pag kakaalam ko sa pldt wala slang data capping unlike sa globe.

4. Dreadnaught911

Dreadnaught911 Newbie Gamer

Topics:
    No problems with mine try mo na ikaw lang naka connect.