Ragnarok X: Next Generation Swordsman And Knight Critical Auto Attack Build

Bantillo

Elite Gamer
Nov 4, 2018
Visit site
Swordsman/Knight is the most versatile job in the world of RO. They can tank with their good defense and high HP or they can burst damage with their mighty strength.

There is a typical build that swordsmen and knights class used, the sword type, critical auto attack build. This build is mainly focused on auto attacks to deal damage on enemies. You have to improve your attack speed and crit rate. Take note that auto attacks are more effective dps if you are attacking high HP enemy overtime. You can't do an awesome one-hit skill burst but you can out damage those skill type dps in MVP.

Pros:
  • Critical auto attacks can ignore defense and flee. No miss!
  • Mana efficient.
  • No annoying skill cooldown, just slash and slash and slash.
  • Very versatile build. Effective on any types of monster's size and race.
Cons:
  • It relies on dps overtime and can't do a flashy 1-hit attack on high HP enemies.
  • Priest's skill 'Lex Aeterna' is not very effective on auto attacks.
  • Lower HP compare to its tank/semi tank build.
Weapon Choice:
  • For starter, you can use 2-handed NPC sword then switch to white type sword equipment which is good and easy to get through intances. You can also use white set equips even on later part of the game. Final upgrade white weapon is on par with gold weapon stats but white weapon has an advantage of set effect from other white equipment.
  • You can use any type of sword (white, blue, gold) depend on your stats choice but it is recommended to use 2-handed sword instead of 1-handed as it gives more atk base stats.
Stats Points Allocation:
  • Since swordsman and knight are melee warriors, their base attack is dependent with STR stats. Focus on STR stats at early levels to mid levels. At higher levels, you can allocate some on AGI or LUK as some of your passive and active buff bonuses are depending on the total stats (Like Sword Speed Boost, Aura Blade, and Double Blow).
  • You need a good balance stats for attack speed and crit rate(luckily passive and active buffs can do the job), to be an effective critical auto attacking Swordsman and Knight.
Skill Tree:
Critical auto attack build swordsman focuses on passive and active buffs that help your auto attacking and improve significantly.

Swordsman Skills = 50 skill points allocation in total
  • Sword Mastery - 10/10
  • Battle Will - 10/10
  • Provoke - 5/10
  • Endure - 10/10
  • Increase Recuperative Power - 5/10
  • Magnum Break - 5/10

Knight Skills = 50 skill points allocation in total
  • Sword Speed Boost - 10/10
  • Cavalry Combat - 5/5
  • Cavalry Training - 10/10
  • Aura Blade 10/10
  • Double Blow 10/10
  • Steel Heart 10/10

This is the typical skill build that boost auto attack, critical swordsman/knight build. You can experiment your own skill tree build depends on the situation but don't forget that the main purpose of this build is to burst damage overtime. Focus on skills that contribute your auto attacking.

Card Options:
  • On weapon, you can use racial cards(dmg bonus on different monster's races), elemental cards(dmg bonus on different monster's elements), or size cards(dmg bonus on different monster's sizes).
  • Use atk, damage, or pen. bonus card on headgear.
  • Armor, cloak, and shoes cards are mostly defensive. It is recommended to use HP% bonus card or dmg reduction% card for all around use.
  • You can use cards on accessories that can boost your stats like atk, damage, aspd, or pen.
  • Cards are rare and costly so its not appropriate to tell someone to buy and equip certain cards. You can do that on late game and base the cards you are using on your daily gameplay(Grinding, instances, role on party, etc.)
I hope it will help you on your journey on the upcoming OBT. Happy grinding

Note: I'm compiling all the guide I can find for Ragnarok Next Generation, for this guide credits to Arniel Delos Reyes

Last edited:

Bantillo

Elite Gamer
Nov 4, 2018
Visit site
Swordsman and Knight Overall Guide (Details below is IMHO)

You can choose the following:
  • 2 Hand Sword Build (Recommended CRIT Type)
  • 2 Hand Spear Build (Recommended SKILL Type)
  • 1 Hand Sword and Shield (Recommended TANK Type)
2 Hand SWORD Build (CRIT) - Focus more on PVE

Pros:
  • Focuses more and has advantage on PVE
  • Critical can ignore defense and flee.
  • Mana efficient.
  • Typical Hack and Slash, very nice to the eyes.
Cons:
  • Not as strong compared to Skill Type Knight on PVP
  • Need to depend on Crit Cards to produce for Crits
  • Lower HP compare to tank build.
Stat Build - Pure STR then Agi/Luk/Vit
Equip Build - Focus on ASPD
Card Build - FINAL CRIT > CRIT > FINAL ASPD > ASPD > ATK
Skill Build - Focus on passive and active buffs that help your attacks

2 Hand SPEAR Build (SKILL) - Focus more on PVP

Pros:
  • Focuses more and has advantage on PVP but still reliable on PVE
  • Higher Haste lower Skill CD, means more skills to throw.
  • Faster damage burst.
  • Typical Skill type, will rely on your Skill CD.
Cons:
  • Mana reliant but blue pots not that expensive.
  • Not as strong compared to CRIT Type Knight on PVE
  • Need to depend on Haste to have lower skill CD
  • Lower HP compare to tank build.
Stat Build - Pure STR then Dex/Vit
Equip Build - Focus on HASTE
Card Build - FINAL HASTE > HASTE > ATK
Skill Build - Focus on Offensive Active Skills

1 Hand Sword and Shield (TANK) - Focus more on being a Tank

Pros:
  • High HP and lower damage received.
  • Balance/Average damage produce.
  • Can be an all rounder depends on your build.
  • Protect team mates much better.
Cons:
  • Lower damage produced compared to 2 hand builds.
  • Average damage on both PVP and PVE
  • Need to depend on Haste to have lower skill CD.
Stat Build - Pure VIT then STR/DEX
Equip Build - Focus on HASTE
Card Build - HP > FINAL HASTE > HASTE
Skill Build - Focus on Defensive and Protective Active Skills

Hope that will help you decide which path to take. Me I will go for SPEAR type since I want to excel in both PVP and PVE.

Note: I'm compiling all the guide I can find for Ragnarok Next Generation, for this guide credits to Arniel Delos Reyes