Ragnarok X: Next Generation Tips and Tricks Guide

Bantillo

Elite Gamer
Nov 4, 2018
Visit site
11 Tips and Tricks: Life Skills (Gardening/Fishing/Mining)
  1. Life Skills are the MOST IMPORTANT aspect of your dailies in ROX: Next Generation, especially if you are F2P. Leveling up your Life Skills is vital to your advancement in Equipment, specifically in Upgrading, Strengthening, Enchanting, and Refining Equips. You’ll also be able to get Foods and special PVP items from Life Skills.
  2. There are 6 types of Life Skills: Fishing, Mining, Gardening, Smelting, Cooking, and a Merchant-Exclusive Life Skill.
  3. Stamina is consumed when using Life Skills (Stamina is acquired through AFK Grinding with Odin’s Blessing). Stamina Costs per usage of Life Skill: 10 for Fishing, 2 for Mining, 10 for Gardening on Sunny Weather, 20 for Gardening on Rainy Weather, 10 for Smelting.
  4. Items used per usage of Life Skill: Auto Fishing Rod and Bait for Fishing (Buy Auto Fishing Rod from Xavier and Baits from Alberta), Pickaxe for Mining (Buy from Sundries store in any town), None for Gardening, Materials for Smelting and Cooking (Get materials from Fishing, Mining, Gardening, Monster Drops, and NPC)
  5. If you are busy at work like me, consider Fishing only when you have Auto Fishing Rod so you can do it while AFK, Gardening only when it is raining on the map so there is no loading time, Mining only with Advanced Pickaxes for faster mining time.
  6. Anti-ROXers will tell you that Life Skills are time consuming because you have to manually do Fishing and Gardening, but believe me, do #5 and you’ll find yourself eating up your stamina VERY QUICKLY.
  7. For a common item, Auto Fishing Rod is pretty special because being able to do Fishing while AFK is a god-send. Aside from Buying from Xavier, you can get Auto Fishing Rod by winning in the Daily Fishing Contest, and claiming rewards from the Kingdom Pass.
  8. Some people will tell you to focus on 1 Life Skill as this will help you strengthen your character QUICKLY, and they are right especially if you’re only planning to play the game short term. For long term play, my recommendation is to balance the Life Skills out. For your reference, on a daily basis, I tend to do 2 sets of Mining, and then Fishing or Gardening depending on what I need. Leftover stamina is used for Smelting. Cooking is done when Foods are needed.
  9. If you are confused on what to prioritize, especially as a newbie, I recommend following the Kingdom Pass quests. Using this as a guide will help you maintain a well-balanced array of Life Skills.
  10. Buy the monthly Glory Pass. This Pass will give you important Life Skill tools such as Auto Fishing Rod, which is a huge help in your quality of life as a ROXer. You don’t need to swipe your credit cards in order to purchase this, you just need to buy Diamonds using your Crystals in order to afford this.
  11. Some goods can only be made by traders, making Blacksmiths one of the most sought after guild members because they are the only ones who can use this Life Skill. These items include PVP and GVG potions which, as you can imagine, are vital to competing and winning.
Note: I'm compiling all the guide I can find for Ragnarok Next Generation, for this guide credtis to Lzm Rox

Bantillo

Elite Gamer
Nov 4, 2018
Visit site
Here's what you need to do daily
  1. Log In
  2. Complete Main/Side Quest if available.
  3. Check Kingdom Pass Daily Quest - this is the first thing you should do. It may ask you to do mining/gardening/fishing/instance etc. If its asking you to do lower instance than what your level can, proceed to step 2.
  4. Complete Daily Instance - After checking your Kingdom Pass, and seeing you have "Complete any instance" or "Complete Sewer Instance" but your instance is already at Corsair's Cabin. Do your Current Level Instance First.
  5. Complete all 3 sets of Kingdom Pass Daily Quest - if it ask you to do Mining, Gardening or Fishing but you dont have enough stamina yet proceed to step 4. If it ask you to complete Mission Boards, proceed to Step 5. If you are done with all Daily Quests (note that you can "refresh" after completing the first set) You can complete a total of 3 sets. If all is done, proceed to step 6.
  6. Complete Tavern Mini Games - After this, you will get 120 (180 for KVip) Stamina. Now go back to step 3 and finish those daily Quest you skipped earlier. Go back to step 3 and finish the remaining Daily Quest.
  7. Mission Board - Just get it all, If you haven't completed all Kingdom Pass Daily Quest, DO NOT submit all Mission Boards, you can just finish task until it ask you to submit on board. Stop right there and go back to step 3.
  8. Complete all remaining Mission Board, after completing all Kingdom Pass Quest, you can now complete your Mission Board.
  9. Stay in prontera to fill up the Daily 600 Odin's Blessing. 30mins to fill it up. You can skip this if you're in a rush and go back at 12:00pm or 8:00pm (gmt+7) to fill it up faster.
  10. Odin's Blessing Grind - Now spend up all the OB you get from Mission Board and Prontera.
  11. Do Xavier Daily Fishing Quest
  12. Do Life Activities (Mining/Fishing/Gardening) Depends on what you need.
  13. Do Guild Donation
  14. Do OX Quiz when available
P.S The time and day may vary. This is in TW server.

Note: I'm compiling all the guide I can find for Ragnarok Next Generation, for this guide credtis to Stellarist

Bantillo

Elite Gamer
Nov 4, 2018
Visit site
Tips and Tricks: Instance/MVP/MINI Guides
  1. Daily Instance is one of the most important activities that you need to do daily. Here, you will be going through multiple mobs of monsters, and one Dungeon Boss. Finishing all these will reward you Equipments, Crafting Materials and Valkyrie Coins
  2. Equipments dropped during Instances are White Quality equips that you can use when you meet the required level and job designation. You’ll also get equips that you cannot use due to job limitations, it is best to sell these through exchange or dismantle them for gacha coins.
  3. Crafting Materials dropped during Instances are used to craft Blue Quality equips that you can use when you meet the required level. No need to worry about job designation because you are only allowed to craft equips that you can use. On the other hand, you can also sell these materials for some quick Crystals if you don’t plan on using Blue Quality equips.
  4. Valkyrie Coins dropped during instances are used to craft and upgrade Purple Quality equips, which has no level requirements. These equips could be considered end-game armors as well as they provide the best bonuses among armors, when refined.
  5. You can do Daily Instances 3 times a day, and I recommend you utilize all these attempts because this will be your primary source of Crystal income as a F2P player.
  6. Let’s move on to MVPs and MINIs. Currently, there are 16 MVPs and 8 MINIs available in the game. When killed, they go through a respawn time before being made available for killing again. Take note that REFRESHING SOON is the 1st signal that an MVP or MINI is about to respawn, also there will be an announcement 10 minutes before respawn time that an MVP or MINI is about to revive.
  7. Daily Instance can give us White, Blue, and Purple Quality equips. MVPs and MINIs, on the other hand, can give us Gold Quality equips. Not only that, they can also give us MVP Coins, MINI Coins, Puzzle Pieces, Cards, Costumes, and Shadow Materials.
  8. MVPs drop Gold Quality Weapons, Off-Hands, and Headgears, while MINIs drop Talismans, Accessories, and Headgears. They do not drop armors because there are NO Gold Quality armors in the game.
  9. MVP and MINI Coins are used to play with gacha to try and win a Gold Quality Equipment. It can also be used to upgrade pre-owned Gold Quality equips. Puzzle Pieces can be acquired from both MVPs and MINIs, and these are used to exchange for MVP/MINI Cards. Cards and Costume drops speak for themselves.
  10. Shadow Materials is another must-get from MVPs and MINIs. These are used to craft and upgrade Shadow Weapons and Off-Hands which will not only give you an amazing costume and skin for your Weapons, but will also provide you with an added boost which will aid you in your ROX adventure.
  11. Lastly, there are 5 types of attempts in MVP/MINI Hunting. These are Participation Bonus, First Kill Bonus, Last Hit Bonus, Damage Ranking Bonus, and Rare Bonus. Each of these gives you 3 chances per day, giving you a total of 15 chances to acquire an MVP or MINI drop after killing them on the daily.
Note: I'm compiling all the guide I can find for Ragnarok Next Generation, for this guide credits to Lzm Rox