S4gitnu Reveals the Reason Why he’s not Part of Nexplay EVOS’ team for MPL PH Season 8

A few days after Omega’s pro player, Billy “Z4pnu” Alfonso, expressed his intent in wanting to recruit former Execration player, Jeff “S4gitnu” Subang, the former player explained on why he isn’t part of the lineup of Nexplay EVOS’ MPL PH Season 8 team.

unnamed (1).jpg

Setsuna “Akosi Dogie” Ignacio stated on one of his vlogs the reason why S4gitnu isn’t part of the Nexplay EVOS team for the upcoming MPL PH Season 8. To clarify the reasons behind it, S4gitnu joined Dogie on his vlog to talk about it.

As stated by S4gitnu, he really wanted to try once again to compete in the competitive esports of Mobile Legends. However, due to his current contract with well-known smartphone brand, VIVO, he couldn’t be drafted for Nexplay EVOS’ representative team for the MPL PH S8 since the organization also has their own contract with another well-known smartphone brand, Realme.

“You know guys, Nexplay’s partner brand is Realme. So, if he joins, it already conflicts because they are not the same brand. “I want him to be stable in terms of branding and streaming,” Akosi Dogie said.

Because of this matter, Dogie gave advice that S4gitnu should first finish his contract with VIVO before being drafted in the team so that no conflict would arise to either brand. After the contract ends, it’s certain that he will be part of Nexplay EVOS’ team for the next MPL PH.

Furthermore, Dogie stated that S4gitnu already has valuable experience in the major league resulting in him refusing to send S4gitnu to the Mobile Legends Development League (MDL).

Nexplay Esports’ Business Development and Partnerships Head, Adrian Rob Son also gave his comment regarding this matter, "Real Me is an exclusive partner for Nexplay MLBB Team and adding Sagitnu who is under VIVO for the time being could cause conflict between both partners. Sagitnu has been in my list since MPL S7 planning to have a 2nd Team for Nexplay with Sagitnu in it. But as the MLBB Competitive scene transitions to Franchise, Things have to be re-evaluated together with our partners. Nevertheless, Sagitnu will always be in our list and it's a matter of time till you can see him again in the top league."