Sony Partners Up With Nike Basketball And NBA Player Paul George To Release PS5-Themed PG5 Sneakers

If you're a gamer, a basketball fan, and a sneakerhead all at the same time, you better watch out for the upcoming PlayStation 5-inspired PG 5 Nike shoes!

Nike PG 5 PlayStation 5 Colorway - Announce Video (1080p_30fps_H264-128kbit_AAC).mp4_snapshot_...jpg

In collaboration with Sony PlayStation and Nike Basketball, NBA Player Paul George announced on PlayStation Blog the new Nike PG 5 colorway. It is a pair of PlayStation 5-themed sneakers with a sleek, futuristic design. The new sneakers will be donning a white-colored Nike shoes with neon blue accents and linings, as well as a black tongue. It will also be complete with various PlayStation and Paul George logos on the tongues and stitching across the body.

Nike PG 5 PlayStation 5 Colorway - Announce Video (1080p_30fps_H264-128kbit_AAC).mp4_snapshot_...jpg

The upcoming line of PG 5 sneakers were, according to Paul George, designed by Nike and PlayStation together with Yujin Morisawa, the artist behind the PS5 console design. They ensured that the shoes reflected the heavily-inspired industrial design of Sony's next-gen console. Check the announcement video below.

On the PS Blog post by Paul George, he gave his thoughts and a sneak peek on what to expect about the shoes' design.
"Just like the PlayStation 5 console, the PG 5 is my platform to take my game to the next level, so I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to bring these two elements together in this new partnership with PlayStation. Nike and PlayStation designers, including Yujin Morisawa – the artist behind the PS5 console’s design – worked closely together to bring the spirit of my game and the look of PS5 to life in this unique collaboration."

• As with all my PlayStation collaborations, the tongues of the shoe have the PG and PlayStation logos on them.
  • The colors of the shoe are heavily inspired by the industrial design of the PS5 with references on the sock liner and outsoles.
  • It wouldn’t be a true collaboration with PlayStation if we didn’t include the iconic PlayStation shapes, which are spotted along each shoe in the same pattern as on the DualSense wireless controller.

The PG 5 PlayStation 5 colorway will be priced at $120 and will be available in selected regions starting May 14, 2021. In addition, the shoes can be unlocked in NBA 2K21 for PS4 and PS5 owners who has purchased a copy of the game. It will be available via the Nike Store from May 6 onwards. Lace up and get in game!

Each pair of the new PG 5 PlayStation 5 colorway will also come with a special hangtag in celebration of Paul George's continued partnership with his favorite gaming brand, Sony PlayStation.

This isn't the first time that George, Nike, and Sony worked together on a PlayStation-themed shoes. Way back 2018, the three have collaborated to release the PG 2.5 x PlayStation colorway that featured PlayStation's iconic shapes and other signature symbols that actually lit up and pulsated thanks to the built-in LEDs.

For more information on the release and availability in your country, download the Nike SNKRS app (if available in your country) or keep an eye out on your local Nike website.