The Popularity of the Witcher Series

Discussion in 'TV' started by cross_effect, Jan 23, 2020.

1. cross_effect

cross_effect Newbie Gamer

Topics:
    Based on the critically acclaimed series, “The Witcher” has its own TV series on Netflix. It is believed to be based on the books and less on the actual video games. Released on December 20, 2019, the anticipation of fans wanting to watch a live action series based on the game made headlines over the gaming community in the past year. By the time it had been released, fans have been clamoring for a second season on the popular streaming site. Netflix has renewed the popular series for season 2. Unfortunately, we may need to wait a little longer as season 2 will be released sometime in 2021.

Due to its high demand and huge success, reports have shown that more people have played The Witcher games than the time they weren’t any announcements for a live action series yet. I have seen a lot of streamers playing The Witcher games over to their social media pages to show their support for the series. I am bothered that I haven’t played my The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt game on my personal computer when the series was released on Netflix last year. Memes have spawned such as the Toss A Coin meme found over the world wide web. It’s easy to see why, because the fans want the producers to get that second season on the road. The second season, I believe, will surely blow the roof just like how successful the first season is.

If you haven’t already watched The Witcher on Netflix, do so now. Gaming fans will surely recommend it to you. If you ask me, I still have it listed on my favorites on Netflix for future viewing (in case I want to see Geralt doing more hack-and-slash with his mighty sword). Besides watching Money Heist (I’m waiting for season 4), I am one of those fans who casually wait for the arrival of season 2 of The Witcher. Cheers to that!

Similar TV Topics