Wild Rift Is Now LIVE in 5 SEA Countries! Regional Closed Beta Starts Today

I can't believe it. My personal hype is still building up from the previous announcement for iOS invites and here we are, looking at the official announcement for Wild Rift's REGIONAL CLOSED BETA! I thought I still need to wait until the end of the year before I get to play this game. Even now, I'm way to bamboozled to write. Phew!

Despite all the problems that have been going around here in the Philippines, if there's one thing I'm thankful for living in here, IT'S THIS. I don't even know why Riot included the Philippines for the Regional Alpha Test. But, man, we're also lucky enough to be included in the Regional Beta Test!

Five Southeast Asian countries were selected as Wild Rift's Beta Testing grounds - Indonesia, Philippines, Thailand, Singapore, and Malaysia. And as a matter of fact, Riot has already sent a few invites in Indonesia today to mark the start of the testing. The full-blown invitations will start on September 18.

Now, keep in mind that, just like the alpha stage, sadly, NOT everyone will be able to jump into the game. BUT, your chances are now higher due to the fact that they'll start rolling out invites to other regions, adding waves of players, bit by bit. It could mean that Wild Rift's servers are getting ready for a large pool of players.

It is also confirmed that the test will be primarily dominated by Android users while a portion of iOS users who pre-registered will also be able to get invites. So make sure that you constantly check your emails and spam folders!

Of course! Wild Rift's comeback won't be epic if there are no exciting changes! The Regional Beta Test comes with new ported heroes from the PC version - Dr. Mundo, Sona, Jarvan IV, Singed, Varus, and Amumu. But, wait, there's more!

In addition to the 6 new heroes, we'll also get to experience 5 new skins - Spellthief Lux, Marauder Ashe, Rogue Admiral Garen, Boom Boom Blitzcrank, and Worldbreaker Nasus. There you have it, the 10 new things to experience in the upcoming Regional Beta Test!

Now, you might probably be wondering WHY they really picked these 5 countries to test such an awesome game. At first, I thought it was due to how addicted to mobile games these countries are. But, according to Riot's official announcement,

We’re going region by region for our Closed Beta to make sure we’re prioritizing stability before moving to the next. Most of the regions in this test are geographically fairly close to one another, so we can focus on scale testing a smaller group of servers.

Well, that explains it. I'm quite relieved, to be honest, knowing that we might finally have a real Riot SEA server for this game that doesn't rely on Garena. I'm a long-time player of League's PC version and this is good news. If you don't get what I mean, Andromeda just created a topic about it so you might want to check it out too.

To inform everyone of what will happen after the Beta Test, it clearly says that they'll reset all accounts by October. Everything will be wiped out, including your purchases, but the Wild Cores (RP equivalent) will be returned with an additional 20% bonus into your account after the reset. It's their way of saying "thank you".

Finally, the updated specs in order to play the game. For Android, you'll need 4-core, 1.5 GHz and above (32-Bit or 64-bit), at least 1.5G of RAM, and a resolution of 1280x720. For iOS users, it went up from iPhone 6 to iPhone 7. If you have any other questions, here's Riot's official announcement where you might find the answers.

For updates, you can visit Wild Rift's social media sites that I'll provide below. Are you excited? Of course, you are! So if you haven't pre-registered yet, go to your Google App Store now and pre-registration button now. For iOS users, you may sign up here: https://wildrift.leagueoflegends.com/en-sg/

Last edited: