Wrecker Takes The Professional Stage As RSG Announces New Filipino MLBB Team

Popular Filipino streamer and social media influencer Elyson “Wrecker” Caranza finally goes pro and will be joining one of the biggest Singapore-based esports organization, Resurgence (RSG), as part of its Filipino Mobile Legends: Bang Bang (MLBB) roster.

wrecker2.jpg

On July 14, RSG revealed the roster they will be fielding for the MLBB Professional League (MPL) Philippines Season 8, with Wrecker joining as the announcement's highlight. The organization also formally announced last Friday its plans to expand in the Philippines while fielding its third MLBB roster, the new MPL PH Team, together with its existing Singaporean and Malaysian teams. Jayf Soh, CEO and Founder of the Singaporean-based esports organization, warmfully welcomed Wrecker to the RSG family during its virtual launch in the country.

wrecker.jpg

Wrecker joins Raven "L3BRON" Alonzo, who was already hired with reigning M2 World Champions Bren Esports, as the second Filipino MLBB streamer to turn pro for the upcoming eighth season of the MPL PH. Former Omega Esports veterans Kenneth "Kenji" Villa and EJ "Heath" Esperanza, as well as former Nexplay Esports support Dexter "Exort" Martinez, former ONIC PH gold laner Christian "Iy4knu" Manaog, and former Cignal gold laner Arvie "Aqua" Calderon, will join Wrecker as the core of RSG PH's ten-man roster. The team is completed by rookies Eman "EMANN" Sangco, John Cedrix "Demonkite" Caranto, and Nathanael "Nathzz" Estrologo.

"Actually very open ako sa idea. Because this is one of my dreams eh. So when they talked to me, as in pagkasabi na pagkasabi nila, I said yes agad," Wrecker said when asked why he signed up with RSG.

Despite being a former Rules of Survival champion, becoming a part of the Mobile Legends: Bang Bang tournament as one of RSG's players is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for Wrecker. “I remember Rules of Survival as a professional player. And it was a long time ago. Basically, I am very thankful to RSG for having me as one of their talents. I cannot wait to see myself and play Mobile Legends professionally,” he said.

“I never imagined myself to be part of RSG. But determining their mission and visions, and their plans in the years to come, I can say that I am very grateful to be part of this RSG family,” he added.

wrecker1.jpg

RSG PH is one of the eight initial squads competing in the MPL PH, which is transitioning to a new franchise league system for its eighth season. The Philippines' new franchise MLBB league will also include Blacklist International, Bren Esports, ECHO, ONIC PH, Smart Omega, Nexplay EVOS, and TNC Pro Team.

Season 8 of the MPL PH will begin in mid-August, with a total prize fund of US$150,000. The league's regular season will run from August 13 to October 3, with the eight original franchise teams contending for a spot among the six teams that will advance to the playoffs in late October.